It has been brought to my attention multiple times that I have been neglecting this blog, thus rendering the title "Currently Claire" inaccurate. Well. In my defense, consider that I currently have a GPA of greater than or equal to 8.0 (sounds super impressive if you don't realize Michigan isn't on a 4.0 scale) and an apparent New Year's Resolution to bake something every week. So far I've made delicious Black Forest Cupcakes, complete with layers and real whipped cream and a fake Maraschino cherry on top. I also made chocolate chip cookies. It's going to be a great year!
I've also determined that I'm very bad at playing mahjong, but very quick at learning Chinese numbers.
These are important life skills. See why I haven't been able to write much lately??
Oh but the most exciting thing (and that which reveals just how much of a technical, energy dork I've become) is that I attended the North American International Auto Show in Detroit today. *The* auto show to be at! It was fantastic. Tons of sparkly, shiny new cars with tons of horsepower. But, and here is the most exciting part, every car company there had a hybrid and/or plug-in electric vehicle on display! And LED headlights! And they actually looked beautiful, like something I or anyone else would pay to drive. The best were the fully electric cars by Tesla. Unfortunately, the least expensive currently costs $50,000--if I save up my entire lifetime salary, maybe I can buy one.
The beauty of it is, though, that electric cars are clearly the way of the future. The delicate, elegant Tesla may not be affordable, but hybrids are, and the Chevy Volt is paving the way for others to bring prices down, too. Let's go, EV!
1 comment:
I'm Baaaack
YES but where? Michigan? Brown? :)
JOY and PEACE
fr mike
Post a Comment