Saturday, August 7, 2010

J'ai Revenu!

I'm back! I'm currently sprawled on the floor in my apartment, surrounded by dirty clothes, a tent, lots of plastic dishes and tarps and sandy notebooks. I'm tired after essentially an entire week of being in transit, and although dinner and a shower sounds great, I am instead snacking on trail mix that I bought sometime last spring. Ironically, it is tropical trail mix: pineapple, raisins, papaya, banana, coconut flakes, and other things that until two days ago, I was eating fresh off the street in Madagascar. I just about had a heart attack when I opened the cabinets and saw all this snack food, like granola bars and chocolate and cookies and tortilla chips and everything processed and packaged neatly... Strangely though the only thing besides tropical fruit that I actually ate was peanut butter, and I ate it with a spoon out of the jar.

:)

Some things never change.

More later. Food and a shower now.

No comments: