Monday, September 19, 2011

All Work and No Play? Not Quite!

Last time I updated my blog, I was waiting for locusts to descend in our spate of natural disasters. They never came. On the contrary, winter did. The high today was 66º, the low tonight is 51º, and the radiators turned on in my apartment last night because it grew so cold. Time to put away the sundresses for good and break out the polar fleece.

Is it just me, or does Boston actually have worse weather than Michigan?!

In other news -- there's not much. My life is so boring these days! I'll have to start making up stories to entertain my readers, because in real life all I do is wake up, go to work, stare at a computer for nine hours, come home, eat dinner, stare at a book or computer for another two hours, and go to bed. Sometimes instead of reading, I clean the bathroom or do laundry or cook food (but not that often). None of that makes for very interesting blogging...

But here are a few things that do!
  • I may do nothing fun during the week, but I love having weekends free to travel! New England is very conducive to that. I dashed down to Philadelphia one weekend, up to Maine the next, and I have plans to check out New Haven in the near future. When hurricanes don't disrupt travel plans, it's very easy to get away. :)
Colin and I climbed Mt. Blue with his family in Maine.
  • Michigan football is doing amazingly well! I am in love with watching Denard Robinson play, and I have high hopes that the new coach, Brady Hoke, will turn Michigan into a real team with real defense in another year or so. (If you missed the epic victory over Notre Dame - for the third year in a row, thank you very much - you can rewatch the last 1:41 of game time here.)
  • The Red Sox are not doing well at all. Nor are the Yankees, which I know because my roommate and dear-friend-except-for-her-baseball-alliances is a diehard Yankee fan/Red Sox hater. Nevertheless, I took Colin to a game with my dear-friends-including-their-baseball-alliances Yifan and Jeff and we had an awesome time if you ignored the score (approximately 11-2 loss to the Texas Rangers, after I stopped counting).
Baseball: fun. Red Sox: disappointing.
 Well there you have it -- my life as a working woman is just not that exciting, except for visits to family and friends and good ole Michigan football! On that note, and because I am now an old woman who goes to bed by 10:30, GO BLUE!

No comments: