Monday, January 21, 2013

A day to celebrate

Today was a momentous day. Yes, it was MLK Day and Obama's second Inauguration Day, but equally importantly: it was the first day since September that I haven't been behind on work. I actually checked everything off my To Do Right Now list! (And I did it all before noon!)

To celebrate, I left work at 5:15 and didn't bring anything home to do tonight. I ate dinner before 8pm, then I made a mug of chai and read a book - To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my favorites - for fun. It's 9:30 and I'm tired, but guess what? I can go to bed anytime. I don't still have to fit in an hour or two of work before bed.

What an incredible night. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment for four months, and it's been just as perfect as I imagined! The only downside--the day crawled along at a snail's pace without a mile-long To Do list to keep time flying. I really can't win, can I?

Still--Please, pretty please, employment gods: Let me have a few more boring days to rest, and then let the next busy spell last more like four weeks instead of four months. Yours truly, Claire.


P.S. My most notable accomplishment so far is sadly the one project I've spent the least time on. Nevertheless, check out the new draft National Climate Assessment--I contributed Figure 25.3!

No comments: