Saturday, August 16, 2014

Catching Up: Summer Travels Edition

Wow, it's been a while! I can't believe how little I've blogged this summer. But I have a good excuse--I've been on vacation for the better part of the last month. I can count the number of days I've worked during the last month on my fingers, and that is just the way I like it. Oh, how I miss the days of being a student and having long, lazy summer vacations! The working world is awesome in many ways (e.g., the lack of homework and tests, the salary), but less awesome for vacation.

So to catch you up, here's the abridged version of my summer:
  • July 17-27: Lake Seminole and Mexico Beach (for my 27th birthday!) with Colin and my family
  • July 28-30: working
  • July 31-August 4: Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, for Colin's extended family reunion
  • August 5-8: working
  • August 8-11: Mom visits Boston
  • August 11-13: Mom and I visit Colin's family in Maine
  • August 14-15: working
Yep, nine days in the office in one month, and not a single five-day work week in that time. Perfect. What I'm going to do next week when I have to work five days in a row, I'm not sure. I'm a little out of practice.

I have a bazillion photos from some of those trips, so I don't want to cram them all into this post. I'll plan to put write a little bit more about my travels later on, but here are four of my favorites in the meantime:

Colin driving the boat on Lake Seminole.

We had, for the most part, gorgeous weather at Mexico Beach!

I told Colin I wanted to build a sandcastle, so we built one of epic complexity.

And then I traveled all the way up the Atlantic coast to Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. This is the Mira River, where we were staying.
 

No comments: