- applesauce
- tomato and fresh mozzarella salad
- Poland Springs sparkling water (lime or orange flavor)
- reading Newsweek
- Mom's stirfry
- studying in the library
- green grass (I guess you guys don't have that at home, either, right now)
And to complement that list, here's what I absolutely would not give up from Botswana:
- fatcakes
- lots of fruit juice (mango, guava, orange, grape, apricot...)
- delicious spicy chicken that convinced me once and for all that I could never be a vegetarian
- carrying umbrellas to block the sun
- amazing cookie selection! Choco-kits (chocolate-coconut cookies with melty chocolate filling) are by far the best but are also expensive. Toppers (vanilla flavor) come in second. Between the 16 of us, we've pretty much tried every cookie on the market.
I sense a food trend here... I wonder what that says about me?? Probably that it's almost dinner time and I am, indeed, getting hungry. Stella's cooking, here I come!
2 comments:
Claire, I don't want you to bring me a shrunken monkey head, but surely would like for you to bring me a Stella. Could you do that?
unfortunately, no... she spent nearly 12 hours at the immigration office trying to extend her visa for botswana from zimbabwe--imagine the beaurocracy for the US!
Post a Comment